Logistics and Transportation
The Kingdom of Bahrain is increasingly recognized by many multinational corporations seeking to establish themselves within a user-friendly commercial environment that sits conveniently between the east and west time-zones. The unique location of Bahrain allows for optimum use of its major international airport , short sea links throughout the Gulf and direct connection to the road networks of the Arabian peninsula.
Bahrain has evolved into a highly integrated logistics hub, with a community of sophisticated freight forwarding operators and transport companies highly experienced in permutating the various alternatives to deliver the best solutions for customers.
For more information, please visit the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications website.
Bahrain Logistics Zone
Bahrain Logistics Zone (BLZ) was launched in 2008 and occupies 1 Km2 of prime real estate close by Khalifa Bin Salman Port Bahrain’s newest and biggest port. It offers customized and tailor-made services, ensuring there is a package to suit the operational needs of every business.
The BLZ is the ideal location for many businesses, and offers unique benefits that come with the zone’s integrated world-class services. The BLZ offers the most cost-effective base for doing business in the Northern Gulf. The main benefits of choosing Bahrain Logistics Zone include:
- 100% foreign company ownership is allowed.
- Multimodal access by land, sea and air.
- Flexible plot options with a range of plot sizes starting from 3000 m² onwards.
- Purpose-Built Infrastructure with an ample road network and plot entry allowances, designed for lorry traffic needs.
- Dedicated 24-hour customs services
- Basic services such as facilities management and special waste management.
For more information about logistics services in Bahrain please visit this link.